Saturday, January 24

Pattern Magic vol.3 Hugger

IMG_2668

IMG_2680

I decided to call it “Hugger” because when I put it on a hanger it looks like it is ready to give you a massive hug. The pattern is constructed with the help of a book named Pattern Magic 3. For the fabric I chose sewn through wadding with a bit of wool. It’s very warm and used for outerwear but leaves small flakes everywhere so you can follow it like they do in fairytales..
I think I may use this pattern to make a wind jacket with a zipper in the front and maybe a hood, we’ll see.

“Kallistajaks” ristisin selle vammuse peale seda, kui ta pärast riidepuule riputamist varrukad kaissu kutsuvalt ettepoole seisma jäi. Päris mitu korda käisin seal varrukatevahel seismas.. Lõike konstrueerisin raamatu Pattern Magic 3 abil. Esialgu tahtsin materjalina kasutada kahepoolset vatiini, aga kuna valik oli nigel, otsustasin tavaliselt ülerõivaste vahematerjalina kasutatava sooja ja õudsalt pudeneva kanga kasuks. Nüüd võib mind valgeid ebemeid jälitades üles leida..
Võimalik, et kasutan seda lõiget, et õmmelda üks kapuutsiga ja eest lukuga avatav tuulejakk, eks näis.

IMG_2684

IMG_2673

IMG_4431

IMG_4454

IMG_4440

IMG_4446

IMG_4448 1

IMG_4438

4 comments:

  1. Cool!!! I like it!
    I made myself something similiar with a felt, but front is open. It is one regtangle sewn on the long sides, it is so impractical, but so "designish" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!
      I also am fascinated to play with "different" patterns as I've studied it in school and make almost all the patterns myself. To come up with these silhouettes and with quite easy patterns is very time consuming, so I'm glad to have these books around (:

      Delete
  2. that is so cute & cool at the same time! :) it does look like it's ready to give you a big warm hug. i especially love the shape of the sleeves! i love pattern magic books as well, still haven't gotten the 3rd one yet, but now after seeing what you made i think i must buy it! :D

    ReplyDelete